Consider purchasing a comprehensive Bajaj Allianz travel insurance plan if you are pregnant or suspect you will become pregnant while on your trip. It can protect the money you’ve invested in your upcoming mom-to-be adventure and help cover unexpected medical expenses incurred while traveling.
Learning about pregnancy and travel insurance is probably simpler than putting together a new crib, even though there are some exclusions and special considerations. These are the main conclusions:
- Trip cancellation is typically not covered if you are already pregnant when you purchase international travel insurance online because of typical pregnancies.
- Trip cancellation insurance may compensate you if you have a normal pregnancy and need to cancel your trip after purchasing a policy. You must present medical records to demonstrate that the pregnancy began after the purchase date.
- You may be able to file a claim for trip interruption or cancellation insurance in certain circumstances if you have unanticipated pregnancy-related health issues verified by a doctor.
- If you’re travelling abroad, you must have travel medical insurance. Travel medical insurance can cover unexpected pregnancy-related complications up to the policy’s maximum.
- Even if you have a pre-existing medical condition exclusion waiver, the associated medical costs for routine pregnancy care while travelling are typically not covered. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the travel insurance policy.
Compare & Purchase Travel Insurance
It’s ideal to purchase travel insurance as soon as possible. The perfect travel insurance packages include benefits of travel insurance that protect against unforeseen circumstances before and during your trip.
You have the most extended protection window if you need to cancel for one of the reasons specified in the policy when you buy Bajaj Allianz travel health insurance right after paying your initial trip deposits. If you’re pregnant and travelling, you can also qualify for cancellation upgrades if you purchase them early. Whether you’re pregnant or not, purchasing travel medical insurance before leaving the country is a good idea. *
You can recover costs for unanticipated pregnancy complications with travel medical insurance but not for average pregnancy-related medical costs. When choosing a travel insurance plan, inquire about the specifics because different travel insurance providers have different definitions for “pregnancy complications.”
Exclusion Waivers For Pre-Existing Conditions And During Pregnancy
Travel medical insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions unless you have an exclusion waiver. In general, a pre-existing condition is an injury, illness, or medical condition that you had 60 to 180 days before purchasing the insurance policy and caused you to experience symptoms, seek medical attention, or take medication. You can use your travel medical benefits for these conditions if you have a pre-existing medical condition exclusion waiver. *
However, some pregnancy complications might qualify as an exception to the exclusionary rule for pre-existing conditions.
Insurance Against Trip Cancellation For Expectant Travelers
When you cancel a trip due to unavoidable circumstances specified in your policy, trip cancellation insurance pays you back for the nonrefundable and pre-paid trip deposits you forfeit. Severe weather, injury, or a medical emergency are some of these causes.
A common pregnancy-related issue is typically not covered by trip cancellation insurance. However, cancellations brought on by pregnancy-related medical emergencies generally are covered.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Youtube Channel here!
*Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.